Sneek Pick ArtSpot 2013 Miami International Art Fair
Aldo Castillo Projects’s mission is to maximize art fair exposure and productivity
to forward thinking galleries and artists in top global art markets.
Miami International Art Fair
A Global Reach
of Cutting-edge & Modern International Art!
Opening: Dec 4, 6-10pm
Location: Wynwood Miami Art District, 3011 NE 1st Ave, Miami, FL 33137
Aldo Castillo, Founder & Director
ArtSpot 2013 Miami International Art Fair – is a stand-alone art fair hosted this year inside Spectrum Miami Art Fair. ArtSpot 2013 replicates a unique new model introduced to the Miami art community last year, combining carefully selected modern, contemporary and cutting-edge galleries with strong curatorial programs and their represented artists. Aimed to offering the best quality art to the Miami art community and worldwide collectors during Art Basel Week.
ArtSpot 2013 hosts prestigious international dealers, exhibiting contemporary art, including photography, works on paper, sculpture, and installations from emerging and established artists. Based on Aldo Castillo’s previous experience in directing the 2010 Miami International Art Fair and the American Pavilion & the International Wing at Art Shanghai in 2011 and 2012, he has versioned ArtSpot 2013 to showcase what’s missing during Art Basel Week in Miami, merging Modern and Contemporary International art with Chinese and Latin American art.
Fu Wenjun, China
(Chinese: 傅文俊; pinyin: Fù Wénjùn, born 1955) is a contemporary painter and photographer. His works have been exhibited in many art institutions worldwide, including the Grand Palais des Champs-Elysées in Paris, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York, Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, and at Old Summer Palace in Beijing, among others.
Carolina Rojas, Colombia
New Media Sculptures
“Geometry in Venezuela”
Venezuelan contemporary artists, Pablo Griss and Ben Abounassif, whose styles are engendered from the acclaimed 1960’s and 70’s kinetic art movement in Venezuela.
Adriana Carvalho, Brazil
“The Meninas Maids of Honour”
A contemporary art project inspired by Las Meninas, Spanish for The Maids of Honour that is a 1656 painting by Diego Velázquez, the leading artist of the Spanish Golden Age in the Del Prado Museum in Madrid.
“15 Seconds of Fame” – A TV Reality Show by Carlos Machiavello, based on the expression by Andy Warhol, who said in 1968 that “In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes.”
|ArtSpot 2013 is a distinctive art fair and a prime venue for art collectors, developed through a trial partnership between Castillo and the producers of Spectrum Miami Art Fair.|
- The Growth of Asia’s Art Market Came to Life in Hong Kong International Art Fair (saffronart.com)
- Contemporary Cuban Artist Antonio Guerrero to Exhibit @ Georgia National Museum. (thecubanartproject.com)
- Art Basel Miami (dodorye.wordpress.com)
- Antonio Guerrero to Exhibit at Florida’s Historical Landmark: McCormick Place. Downtown Miami “First Friday” Artwalk. (thecubanartproject.com)
- Pérez Art Museum Miami Names Stephen Starr Events as Restaurateur and Exclusive Caterer for New, State-of-the-art Museum Complex (thecubanartproject.com)
- Miami Art Basel (mikeotheintern.com)
- McCormick Place First Fridays Downtonw Art Walk (thecubanartproject.com)
- Punctum Contra Punctum II on View @ Georgian National Museum Dimitri Shevardnadze National Gallery (thecubanartproject.com)
- A Numerous Lineup of International Artists To Exhibit at IBAEM 2013 (marianapoles.com)
- Fusing International Arts: The 44th Art Basel (theculturetrip.wordpress.com)